Are you working on an innovative energy efficient technology? Then you could be interested in a new call to apply for EU funding that has just opened.
The funding will be made available under Horizon 2020 – the EU's research and innovation programme - and a total of €194 million is available for 2016 and 2017. Energy research under Horizon 2020 aims to support the transition to a secure, clean and efficient energy system for Europe.
Energy efficiency projects that focus on consumers, buildings, products, industry and services, or finance for sustainable energy are eligible to apply for funding. Projects can fall under the following areas:
- Engaging individual consumers in sustainable energy
- Engaging public authorities in sustainable energy
- Overcoming market barriers and promoting energy efficient building renovation
- Cost reduction of new Nearly Zero-Energy buildings
- Construction skills
Industry & Services
Finance for Sustainable Energy
- Project Development Assistance
- Making the energy efficiency market investible
- Development and roll-out of innovative energy efficiency services
The deadline to apply is 15 September 2016.
Want to find out more about how to apply? See the presentations from the Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency Call 2016 Info Day held in Brussels.